Team Leader, Pharmacokinetics
Nottinghamshire NG1 1GF • Competitive • Permanent, Full time
Location: Nottingham or UK home based
PharmaKinetic have a new opportunity for an experienced Pharmacokineticist with leadership potential and a strong background in the application of pharmacokinetics (PK) within a contract research (CRO) or similar commercial drug discovery environment.
You will be responsible for the planning and execution of the pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) analyses to our clients so that they provide clarity on future drug development strategy. Working with the senior directors to further develop the team’s capability you should be proactive, inquisitive and a self-starter who is eager to learn and thrives in fast-paced commercial environment. Initially you will be line managing and mentoring a scientist with the expectation to grow the team.
This an excellent career opportunity for either an experienced team leader or someone who has the potential to grow into a leadership role and play an integral part in shaping the business.
PharmaKinetic are based in Nottingham, however there is the possibility for the successful candidate to work remotely within the UK with typical once per month visits to the office.
- Provide scientific oversight to contracted PK/PD work (analyses, reports, clinical study protocol input).
- Complete PK analysis within the latest GCP and regulatory guidance and prepare reports whilst acting as a point of contact for clients.
- Prepare presentations and represent research internally and externally.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Line management and mentoring members of staff.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in life sciences and 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience of providing PK/PD input to first in human safety meetings for dose escalation.
- Proficient in the use of Phoenix WinNonlin for non-compartmental analysis and PK/PD modelling and simulation of clinical study data.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and working in a GCP compliant environment, with a strong track record of providing pharmacokinetic input across a range of clinical study types.
- Excellent commercial awareness and communication practiced through oral, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate leadership experience or potential.
PharmaKinetic are a small, growing CRO with core expertise in the application of PK and DMPK to early phase drug development. From PK analysis and study management and interpretation through to strategic thinking we deliver long-term value and confidence to our clients’ drug development programme.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send us your CV and Covering letter via the 'Apply' link and we aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
N2 Resourcing are recruiting for this position on behalf of PharmaKinetic. We process your application and enquiries in a safe and strictly confidential manner.
Please note, PharmaKinetic is currently unable to provide visa sponsorship and therefore we can only consider applicants who hold entitlement to work in the UK.
Related skills: Biochemistry, Biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Life Science, Research
Related skills: Pharmacology
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: PharmaKinetic
- Updated: 13th October 2021
- Expires: 10th November 2021