Senior Assay Development Scientist - Drug Discovery
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 1GF • Highly competitive • Permanent, Full time
Are you an Assay Development Scientist with experience within a contract research or similar drug discovery environment, looking for a new opportunity to develop your career within a growing, dynamic company?
Aurelia Bioscience are looking for an experienced Senior Assay Development Scientist to join their growing team, helping their clients to develop their next breakthrough drug.
Laboratory based, you will be developing cell and biochemical assays in well plates for compounds screening purposes. Culture and maintain a range of cell lines including primary and stem cells.
Opportunities may arise where you can generate data for R&D purposes, write scientific posters and white papers and present your R&D work at conferences.
The role will be varied and will require adapting to a rapidly changing workload whilst working to tight deadlines and communicating effectively to both internal and external groups.
For the right ambitious individual there may also be opportunity to develop your career into a team leader position.
- Educated to BSc, MSc or PhD in a biological or related life science discipline
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience within a contract research or similar drug discovery environment developing biological assays from scratch
- Experience of mammalian cell culture and developing cell-based assays
- The ability to present and report findings to other staff and present at both internal and external events
- Experienced in new techniques and technologies relevant to drug discovery
- Competent in discussing technical issues in a professional manner within a commercial setting
Salary & benefits:
We are a growing company that provides a stimulating and exciting innovation-based drug discovery environment where we value individual contribution, innovation and creativity. In return we offer a competitive package, friendly and collaborative work surroundings, and a unique opportunity to develop your skills amongst highly experienced drug discovery professionals.
Aurelia Bioscience is a small pre-clinical contract research organisation based at BioCity in Nottingham. We provide cell- and biochemical- based assay development and compound screening in micro well plates using innovative assay formats and readouts.
Working collaboratively for a range of drug discovery clients, we design, develop and implement compound screening in a number of assay formats including FLIPR, High Content Imaging, Fluorescence and Luminescence assays, High Throughput Western Blotting and Flow Cytometry. In addition we have our own R&D programs focused on developing novel 3-dimensional screening formats and implementing more physiological well-plate models into drug discovery.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss further details, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303, email email@example.com or apply with your CV and Covering letter via our application system below:
Related skills: Biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Life Science, Laboratory, Research
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: Aurelia Bioscience
- Contact: Simeon Ractliffe
- Phone: 0115 698 0303
- Updated: 23rd October 2020
- Expires: 8th November 2020